‘We can stay up late, swapping manly stories
and then in the morning I’M MAKING WAFFLES!”
Hey guys, I’m back with another autumnal easy bake goodie and this time we are making waffles. I’ve been wanting a waffle maker for what feels like yearsss now, it’s not a Rufus standard waffle maker (if you know you know) B U T it is super cute and will do for now! Shout out to SDK for being a super cutie and purchasing it for me!!
Let’s get baking…
HOW TO BAKE THE MOST AUTUMNAL
CINNAMON & APPLE WAFFLES!
- 1 Cup of Flour
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Apples
- Mini Waffle Maker
- 1 cup
- 1 Tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- A Fork
- Sharp Knife
- Small bowl
I used a blender, just as I do when making pancake mixture. Obviously a good old whisk and baking bowl would do!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Start by measuring out 1 Cup of Flour, 1 Tbsp of Sugar, 2 Tsp of Baking Powder, 2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon and 1/4 of salt (basically a pinch) in to your blender (or mixing bowl). Separately, whisk the egg, milk and melted butter in a cup (I just re-used the cup I used for the flour, minimise the washing up and all that jazz!) with a fork then add your wet ingredient to your blender.& BLEND, BLEND, B L E N D !
- Once your ingredients are blended, place it to one side or in the fridge. In the mean time we shall prepare the toppings! I used 2 small apples B U T 1 big apple will do. Simply start by cutting off the skin, you can do this with a potato peeler but I just used a knife. Once that is completed, remove the core and cut the apple in to bite sized pieces.
- Place your cut up apple into a small bowl, sprinkle them with a generous amount of ground cinnamon and add a good S Q U E E Z E of honey. Finally, add about 50ml of water and place in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- LET’S MAKE WAFFLES. Pre-heat your waffle maker. Mine is a Dash Mini Waffle Maker in the colour lilac, which SDK was lovely enough to pick up for me from Urban Outfitters. Grab your waffle mixture and start pouring into your waffle maker, you want to cover the entire base! Close the lid and let the magic happen! Each waffle should take approx 2-4 mins.
- Finally, place the waffles on to your plate (Stack ’em’ High) and add your warm cinnamon apple topping. Make sure to drain the apples from the water, you don’t want soggy waffles! I’d also advise for a added extra, to give the waffles another good S Q U E E Z E of honey and possibly a sprinkle of raisins!
Bon Appetite !!
THANKS FOR READING!
Till next time feel free to check out my…
LATEST BLOG POSTS:
- FIVE REASONS I’M EXCITED FOR AUTUMN!
- HOW TO BAKE THE MOST AUTUMNAL GINGER & CINNAMON BISCUITS!
- COLOURPOP ‘YES, PLEASE’ – EYESHADOW REVIEW
Till next time,
Lots of love, your gal…
Please don’t forget to check out my other forms of social media where I am much more active daily..
Find Me Here: